The two buildings of the chancellery of the German embassy were built in 1955 and 1978 in Belgravia, in the proximity of Belgravia Square. As the age of the buildings suggests, they no longer fulfil the required standards when it comes to fire safety, hazardous substances, building services, IT, security etc. The buildings are being renovated, divided in different construction sections, while in operation since 2011. The works have been carried out from both German and British companies. The renovation of for the moment last construction section started in the beginning of 2016. It consists of, among other things, a big clearance of harmful substances, replacement of the heating system with an overhaul of the air-conditioning system, renovation of different fire-protection systems, complete refurbishment of the offices, refurbishment of the cafeteria and its kitchen, installation of a tamper-proof, secure booth, development of a new IT system, replacement of fire doors, interfaces on different levels with the adjoining residence of the ambassador etc. OLIVER GERHARTZ Architektur was appointed as a project manager to safeguard the delivery and implementation of the planning and building works within the stipulated budget and time schedule.
OLIVER GERHARTZ Architektur mit G&T Gebäudetechnik, Berlin
Meyer und Partner Architekten, Berlin
Kofler Energies AG, Berlin
Stefan Arnold, Berlin