Redevelopment of the Chancellery of the German Embassy in London
The two buildings of the chancellery of the German embassy in London were built in 1955 and 1978 near Belgrave Square in the Belgravia district. Due to their age, they no longer meet the required standards regarding fire safety, hazardous substances, building services, IT, physical security, etc. Between 2011 and 2018 both buildings were renovated in various construction phases while the embassy was still in operation. The works have been carried out by both German and British companies. In 2016 the last construction phase for the time being started. Among other things, it consisted of a hazardous substances cleanup, an exchange of the heating system including the maintenance of the air conditioning system, a refurbishment of the fire protection systems, the complete redevelopment of the offices including the cafeteria and its kitchen, the installation of a bug-proof booth, the set-up of a new IT-System, the replacement of fireproof doors as well as the establishment of various interfaces to the adjoining residence. OLIVER GERHARTZ Architektur was commissioned with the controlling of the project and the creation of a security concept in order to ensure the implementation of the planning and construction measures within the required budget and time schedule.
OLIVER GERHARTZ Architektur
Meyer und Partner Architekten
Kofler Energies AG